Accepts ATA Carnets for Commercial Samples, Professional Equipment, and Exhibitions and Fairs
ATA Carnet Guarantee Association
Chambre Nationale de Commerce
Palais Consulaire, 6 rue Amilcar Cabral
C.P 16003 Alger, BP. 100 Alger 1er Novembre
Tel: (213.21) 96.77.77 or 96.66.66
Fax: (213.21) 96.70.70 or 96.99.99
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Carnet Specifics
Algeria Customs does not allow the following items to enter Algeria under ATA Carnet:
• Industrial manufacturing or packaging of goods.
• Exploitation of natural resources, e.g. for the exploitation of an oil-field.
• Construction, repair or maintenance of buildings.
• Earth moving and like projects. Like projects refer to public works such as the construction, repair or maintenances of dams, gasworks, waterworks, bridges, harbors, roads, canals or tunnels.
However, Algeria does allow the following professional equipment in addition to Commercial Samples and Goods for Exhibitions and fairs to enter under the ATA Carnet
• Equipment necessary for the assembly of a machine or plant, which are usually taken apart for ease of shipping or transporting.
• Hand tools, e.g. drilling equipment for geophysical prospection for oil.