China, Republic of (CN)
Accepts ATA Carnets for Commercial Samples, Professional Equipment, and Exhibitions and Fairs
Embassy in the U.S.
Embassy of the People’s Republic of China
ATA Carnet Specifics
If the ATA Carnet is still valid, but the final date of re-exportation given by Chinese Customs is about to expire contact the competent Customs office to apply for an extension on final date of re-exportation by using the original Carnet. If the holder is unable to visit the Customs office due to impact of Covid-19 apply for the extension via the Chinese Customs website www.customs.gov.cn/
If the Carnet validity is about to expire contact your ATA Carnet Service Representative to obtain a Replacement Carnet. Once the Replacement is obtained contact the competent Customs office to apply for an extension on final date of re-exportation by using the Replacement Carnet. If the holder is unable to visit the Customs office due to impact of Covid-19 apply for the extension via the Chinese Customs website www.customs.gov.cn/
ATA Carnet Specifics:
To successfully enter China with your Carnet, please be prepared with the following:
- One Set of Blue Transit Counterfoils are necessary when moving goods from the port-of-entry customs to another inland customs office within China for entry.
- Electronic Data Registration is a requirement by Chinese Customs for all ATA Carnet entries.
- Freight shipments
- It is the responsibility of the customs broker or freight forwarder in China to complete the data registration process with CCPIT/CCOIC (the Chinese National Guaranteeing Association) prior to customs clearance of the goods. Your local representatives may visit atachina.org(website in Chinese) for more details.
- Hand carried merchandise
- Chinese customs will stamp the ATA Carnet; however, the Holder must visit CCPIT/CCOIC to complete the data registration within three working days.
- All vehicles traveling to China on an ATA Carnet require a minimum 100% security deposit.
- Entered for an exhibition or fair must be re-exported immediately or obtain an import license issued by the Ministry of Commerce in China.
- Used vehicles or right rudder vehicles need to obtain approval before entry into China.
During entry declaration, customs may require supporting documents to verify if the use of the goods are the same as the used type in column C of the green cover & vouchers. For Carnets with different intended uses, the supporting documents varies:
- Exhibitions and Fairs: A copy of the exhibition registration form, copy of exhibition booth confirmation letter/invoice, etc.
- Professional Equipment: Approval letter issued by relevant Government Department, or contact/agreement (indicating the Carnet holder’s name and the details of the activity), etc.
- Commercial Sample: Approval letter issued by relevant Government Department, or contact/agreement (indicating the Carnet holder’s name and the details of the activity), etc.
When entering China we recommend you include the following items along with your ATA Carnet.
- A translation of the General List and a cover letter that includes the translation of the Holder information, authorized representatives, intended use and expiration date.
The official announcement from the General Administration of Customs of the People Republic of China. Chinese Version
CCOIC Main Offices
3rd floor, CCOIC Building, No. 2 Huapichang Hutong, Xicheng District, Beijing
Phone: (86 10) 82217076/38 or (86 10) 68080330
Beijing airport working station
Terminal 2 Phone: (86 10) 64595422 or (86 10) 64595422
ATA office, on the 2nd floor, near international departures door
Terminal 3 Phone: (86 10) 64530430
Joint office with China Customs, on the 2nd floor, near international arrivals door
1st floor, JinLing Mansion,No.28 west JingLing Road, Luwan District, Shanghai
Phone: (86 21) 63846628 or (86 21) 63868083
Room 603-604, CCOIC building,168 Fuhua Road, Futian District, Shenzhen
Port of Shenzhenwan, Dongbin Road, Nanshan District, Shenzhen
Phone: (86 755) 82770612 or (86 755) 88313240