Accepts ATA Carnets for Commercial Samples, Professional Equipment, and Exhibitions and Fairs
ATA Carnet Guarantee Association
Federation of Israeli Chambers of Commerce
84 Hahashmonaim Street
PO Box 20027
Tel: (972.3) 563.1010
Fax: (972.3) 562.89.10
Embassy in the U.S.
Embassy of Israel to the United States
3514 International Dr. NW
Washington, DC 20008 USA
U.S. Commercial Service Export Assistance Israel Country Portal
Download the Israel Country Guide
ATA Carnet Specifics
Israel is automatically extending the validity period of all ATA Carnets in their territory until July 1, 2020.
ATA Carnet Specifics:
Israeli Customs requires photographs of the jewelry and watches entering Israel on the ATA Carnet effective January 15, 2015. Additionally, Israel Customs strictly controls temporary importations and requires that all items with serial numbers have these serial numbers noted on the ATA Carnet general list. However, the instructions provided in handling the ATA Carnet validation and the merchandise are unclear. In the meantime, the Israeli guaranteeing association is checking with their authorities and we hope to receive clarification as soon as possible.
Until further notification please be advised that the following is what USCIB understands to be the new procedures:
- Prior to the departure from the U.S., the ATA Carnet Holder must first appoint and schedule a meeting with an authorized Secured Forwarder in Israel to handle the customs clearance.
- The three authorized Secured Freight Forwarders by Israeli’s authorities are:
- Upon arrival at the airport in Israel, the ATA Carnet Holder or their representative must go through the RED-Line section (Goods to Declare) at Customs to register and to pack the diamonds into a special secured plastic bag.
- After the registration and packing, the ATA Carnet Holder or their representative should meet with the pre-arranged forwarder and hand over the bag of diamonds to the forwarder.
- It is the ATA Carnet Holder’s responsibility to schedule the meeting with a secured forwarder at the airport.
- The secured forwarder will handle the customs clearance at the Diamond-Exchange in Ramat-Gan where evaluation takes place by a special diamonds expert representing the Ministry of Economy of the State of Israel.
- The forwarder will call and notify the ATA Carnet Holder or their representative of where to collect the goods. The process will take a few hours, but the goods will be returned within the same day.
Please be aware that according to USCIB, the registration process noted above in item 3 is where the ATA Carnet validation will take place.
We still have not received clarification on whether this new rule will also affect the procedures for re-exportation. We recommend the ATA Carnet Holder or their representative should check with their freight forwarder for proper guidance.
GYM & POOLS ISRAEL: International Exhibition in Israel for Gym equipment, Technologies & Services. Swimming Pool Expo
JOVELLA: International Trade Fair for Jewelry, Watches and Fashion Accessories
ANALIZA: International Laboratory Equipment & Biotechnology Exhibition and Trade Fair in Israel