Accepts ATA Carnets for Commercial Samples, Professional Equipment, and Exhibitions and Fairs
ATA Carnet Specifics
- Customs will accept the importation of jewelry under ATA Carnet on a casebycase basis and subject to the following specific conditions.
- Only jewelry from well known and recognized factories, bodies, companies will be authorized and for display purposes exclusively.
- The items should be wrapped individually and boxed with a reference label and price, easily identified and catalogued.
- The ATA Carnet must have a detailed list of all the items that would be required.
- An approval of the Customs authorities prior to importation is also required.
- Only importation for a short term period would be considered.
- The importation of jewelry for commercial purposes will not be accepted.