Accepts ATA Carnets for Commercial Samples, Professional Equipment, and Exhibitions and Fairs
ATA Carnet Guarantee Association
Qatar Chamber of Commerce and Industry
P.O. Box 402
Embassy in the U.S.
Embassy of Qatar
2555 M Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20037 USA
U.S. Commercial Service Export Assistance Qatar Country Portal
Download the Qatar Country Guide
ATA Carnet Specifics
ATA Carnets are accepted in all customs offices a list of offices are available at http://www.customs.gov.qa or can be reached by telephone at 974-4445-7107.
- Qatar does not accept split shipments, what is listed at the time of entry must be the same items listed for re-exportation. However, if only importing select item numbers listed on the general list and not the entire general list, then those same item numbers must be re-exported.
- ATA Carnets are accepted for goods shipped as cargo as well as hand-carried goods.
- Carnets are accepted from either ATA or Istanbul Contracting Parties (countries).
- ATA Carnets are accepted for transit operations.
- When completing the Importation Voucher, it is advised that you notate on the importation voucher in section F b) Declare that goods are intended for use atthe following:
- Name of the Event
- Venue of the Event
- Duration of the Event
Penalties and Regularization Fees
Penalties will be assessed if goods are not re-exported on or before the final date of re-exportation notated in box 2 of the importation counterfoil. A fee of QAR 1,000 (US$275) shall be payable weekly or part of the week past the re-exportation date with the condition that the final amount shall not exceed 20% of the value of the goods.
Regularization fees range between QAR500 (US$140) to QAR1,000 (US$275) which are assessed when a claim is settled with alternative proof of re-exportation as opposed to a validated re-exportation counterfoil by Qatar customs.
DONA BEAUTY & FITNESS EXPO: Health and Wellness
QATAR INTERNATIONAL BOAT SHOW: Boat Show
FIFA WORLD CUP: 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar