Accepts Tecro/AIT Carnets for Commercial Samples and Professional Equipment
Embassy in the U.S.
ATA Carnet Specifics
Tecro/ AIT Carnes are used between Taiwan and the United States.
Special Requirements for identical merchandise visiting ATA Carnet countries and Taiwan.
- Two carnets must be issued, one an ATA Carnet and the other a Tecro/AIT.
- The Carnet numbers must be printed on the green covers and cross-referenced.
- When departing the U.S. both Carnets must be presented to CBP for validation in Box H of the green covers and the yellow exportation counterfoils. Either Carnet can be used for re-entry into the U.S.
Follow these proper steps to handle split/partial shipments with Taiwan Customs.
Taiwanese customs DOES NOT ACCEPT partial shipment for importation on a TECRO/AIT Carnet.
- All goods listed on a TECRO/AIT Carnet must be entered into Taiwan in its entirety.
- The Holder only needs ONE voucher for records at the time of entry and Taiwan customs stamps and dates the validation on ONE importation counterfoil.
Taiwanese customs ACCEPTS partial/split shipments for re-exportation on a TECRO/AIT Carnet.
- For Holders who plan to have split/partial shipments, additional counterfoils/vouchers must be issued before a Carnet is presented for its FIRST entry into Taiwan, but the items and date are not necessary to be indicated to the counterfoils before entry.
- The Holder needs to prepare additional counterfoils/vouchers when they first enter Taiwan or they will NOT able to perform split/partial re-exportation on the Carnet after entry is made.